Clear all

Text Annotation Setting

2 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@shepsurv)
Member Customer
Topic starter  

I know there is an option to set the text alignment to 'along line/string', which works great for text running in the same direction of a line. There is also an option to set text to an angle from the zenith (default is 90d). However, I am trying to annotate text so it is perpendicular to a line. Is there a way of doing this? I guess it would be a combination of both of these rules..

There is also a checkbox called 'wrap' in the Annotation Setting (see picture), however I cannot seem to find what it is for or its purpose? There is nothing in the help file..

Graeme H
(@ghetet)

Hi,

Currently there is no option to insert added text that is perpendicular to a line. The "workaround" would be to create a new layer called say "Junk" and then create a perpendicular lines. Change layers to what you want the text to be on - Insert Text, create parallel to a line and will be perpendicular to the linework. Turn off or delete Junk layer when completed.

The "Wrap" is for added note annotation and set to the number of characters before word wrapping.

ReplyQuote
Share: